Key 2021 Dates for the Oregon Corporate Activity Tax
Filed under:Tax Advisory: Oregon
Heads up! The February 1st deadline to make the 4th quarter payment for the Oregon Corporate Activity Tax (CAT) is coming up on us quickly. To review, for the 2020 tax year, if you expect a Corporate Activity Tax liability of $10,000 or more, then you are required to make estimated quarterly payments.
For quick reference, here is a link to the Oregon Department of Revenue’s How to Calculate the CAT Worksheet and our post about which businesses are subject to the tax, “6 Must-Know Facts about the Oregon Corporate Activity Tax (CAT).”
Key Dates for 2021:
- February 1 — Fourth quarter 2020 CAT estimated payments due.
- April 15 — Last day to file CAT return without an extension or apply for an extension for filing a CAT return.
- April 30 — First quarter 2021 CAT estimated payments due.
- August 2 — Second quarter 2021 CAT estimated payments due.
- October 15 — Last day to file 2020 CAT return with an extension.
- November 1 — Third quarter 2021 CAT estimated payments due.
- February 1, 2022 — Fourth quarter 2021 CAT estimated payments due.
CAT forms can be found on the Department of Revenue website Forms Page by scrolling down to Corporate Activity Tax or entering Corporate Activity Tax in the search block.
Relief options available to taxpayers negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic or wildfires can be found on the agency’s Tax Relief Options page.
For assistance in estimating quarterly tax payments or preparation of the annual CAT tax return due April 15, 2021, be sure to contact your tax advisory team.